Please read before purchasing!
- I will NEVER share your e-mail address, login information, or any other contact info you may give me with anybody for any reason. All info shared is strictly confidential. If you’re concerned about sharing your password, you can change it temporarily then change it back when I’m done.
- I will ALWAYS do my best to provide you with regular updates, check-ins, and information. Hours are typically flexible, but you will experience delays on weekends, holidays, and when I am on vacation. Please do not send design questions through my personal blog or social media accounts; email is by far the fastest and easiest way to communicate with me regarding your design. Contacting me any other way will only slow down the process since I won’t have the email trail for reference.
- I completely understand if you are busy, but I almost always have other clients waiting on site designs. A lack of communication from you may mean that I begin working on another client’s needs while I wait for your next response. More than two weeks of no response from you will result in cancellation.
- A 50% minimum payment of your custom quote (for full blog or website designs) is required to reserve your place in the queue. Ad hoc work that is less than $150 total will require full payment upfront.
- Prior to final installation of your design, you will be invoiced for the remaining amount. This must be paid before installation of your design will be completed on your site.
- All invoicing and payments are made via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make a payment; you can still use a credit card.
- If the email you wish me to send the invoice to is different from the email address specified in your Design Request Form, please indicate this in the comments section of your request.
- Due to the nature of web design and digital purchases, I do not offer partial or full refunds for any reason. In the event that you cancel your order/project, you will forfeit any payments you have made. These payments will not be counted as credit toward new design work.
- If there are specialized pages and functionality from your existing theme, it is your responsibility to inform me of these functions if you want to keep them with your new design (see my Services page for the plugins I typically install and know work well with your new design). Added functionality may require extra time and charges to ensure compatibility or to find an alternative functionality that works for you.
- I do not currently place limitations on revisions during the design, but a designer’s dream is to work with a client that knows what they want. If I feel we are unable to find a design direction after multiple rounds of revisions, additional charges may be applied for the added time. I will let you know if and when this occurs prior to charging for the extra time.
- If you have requested a price quote for a specific list of blog tweaks and then request additional items for customization during the process, no problem! You will be charged the regular per hour rate ($30/hr) for these additional items, and they may have to be scheduled for a separate time slot than the first set of tweaks that I originally allotted time for (this is so that other designs are not delayed from unanticipated add-ons).
- If you are switching your existing self-hosted WordPress blog to the Genesis framework (and don’t get me wrong, I definitely think you should!), please note that your existing plugins may not be 100% compatible with your new design. There are thousands of plugins out there, and many of them are buggy – if they break your new theme after installing it, I may need to disable them.
- During the course of your design, I may ask for you to send me certain code snippets from other various accounts to connect them to your blog (such as Adsense ad code, Feedburner ID, etc). If you are not sure how to set these up separately, I am happy to provide you with links to tutorials so that you can set these up (you shouldn’t have much trouble if you follow these, and feel free to let me know if you run into a snag!). However, to do a fully assisted walkthrough on a live call would fall under WordPress Coaching services. Please do not send me your login information to these accounts; many of these are linked to your other Google accounts and contain lots of personal information that I don’t want to risk (like your email!). I will not retrieve these codes for you and want to keep your private information under your control at all times!
- I don’t create your content. I’ll request a few things here and there to give me what I need to build the design, but the rest is 100% accessible to you, so you can edit and manage your site whenever you want. It’s up to you to fill in your about page, write your posts, insert your images, build the rest of your project gallery, categorize your posts, etc.
After the Design
- When the design is finished, I will send you an email something to the tune of “you’ll have until [date] to review the site and let me know if you experience any issues.” This is signifying the end of the design, and you’ll have up to one calendar week to contact me for follow-up support. Please note that this is in relation to the design of your site and within reason (as in, tweaking something that already existed from my design – does not cover designing a new logo, adding new plugins, fixing things you choose to add yourself, building in functionality not included in the original quote, etc). If you are a beginner and require blog training/coaching – please request that we set up a WordPress Coaching session separately ($40/hr coaching rate applies). Note: I’m hoping to create some web sessions later this year for Blogging 101!
- I am happy to answer a handful of questions during the design process (see above), but questions asked after the support period may be charged additionally. Email me first though; if they are quick & easy to answer, I’ll probably just shoot the answer right back to you or send you a link to a tutorial that explains the item in detail. If you think you may need ongoing support or dedicated time to your question (or, in rare cases, if I feel you have abused my time with the amount of questions I’ve answered for you before), we can discuss setting up a call or chat session so we have a block of time to get to your customized needs.
- Design credits with a link to Sweet Theory Designs will be placed at the bottom of your site. This credit must remain in place and visible until you remove my design completely from your site.
- I do not keep files for your design post-installation. If you need me to store these for you, please request this prior to the final payment is invoiced and I will add a $25 fee to your design. Note that this includes only your design-related files (like the background and header images) and not your theme or WordPress files. Backing up your site is always on you!
Rules for Good Karma :)
- Logos, images, and other materials provided to Sweet Theory Designs by clients are presumed to be in compliance with U.S. Copyright law and applicable licensing agreements. Sweet Theory Designs and its owner are not liable for these elements. Bottom line; you accept full responsibility for your site!
- I will work to give you a unique design that is customized to your liking; other websites and blogs want the same benefit, so I will not knowingly directly copy another designer’s work or customization that I designed for another client.
- Please be sure to back up your site and all related codes (Analytics, ad networks snippets, passwords, etc). Sweet Theory Designs and its owner are not responsible for your lost photos, posts, or content.